Renew silicone joints
Molds in silicone joints or even old broken silicone joints are not uncommon, as only silicone joints need to be replaced. Not only is the mold in silicone joints harmful to health but the old silicone joints can also be broken and water penetrates into the masonry.
Here we show you in 5 steps how to renew a silicone joint.
- If necessary, remove any silicone remover and clean with a clean primer. Attention! In the case of mold in the old silicone joints, clean anti mold spray first.
- Insert PE round cord into the joint. This prevents three-sided adhesion.
- Priming of joints (made on difficult substrates or liability problems)
- Insert sanitary silicone with silicone gun into the joint.
- Remove sanitary silicone with smoothing agent and joint spatula.